Everybody knows that they should make a will - but how many people have got
round to it?
Not many! It is a well established statistic that over 70% of the population
have not made a will.
Don't be misguided by thinking there's no point as everything will go to your
spouse/partner - who knows what the future will hold? Without a will your estate is
distributed according to the intestacy rules which lay down strict rules which must be
followed irrespective of your wishes.
WARNING a marriage or divorce automatically makes void any will made before
- Your spouse does NOT get everything automatically!
- Unmarried partners could end up with nothing
- The law treats cohabiting couples as individuals, when one
dies their estate will go to next of kin NOT their partner
- Your children could end up in local government care
because family cannot agree who takes care of them
- Months or years could pass before your estate is settled
leaving your family stressed and in financial difficulties
If you require more information please complete the form by clicking on the link below.
Proceed to Intestacy Request Form